• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't see the instruments at night

nyvram

Awful. My eyes ain't what they used to be. Should we swap these bulbs for white LEDs or a different color?

How many bulbs are used for lighting up the instruments?

I've got the knob twisted all the way and its like these lights are .00005 watts each

the skull

Yeah, mine too. Mine is lit up well enough to see
if I'm doing 55 or 65. The fuel gauge does what it
wants anyway, I don't pay much attention to it.
I think someone here cleaned theirs up and painted
the inside of the cluster white or silver, and used some
white LED bulbs in it. Blue LED's look cool in the turn signals though.

cpf240

I'd start with a good cleaning of the cluster, circuit board, housing. Some members have repainted the back part to be more reflective, with either white or silver paint. LED bulbs can be used for all lights with the exception of the GEN1 and GEN2 bulbs. It is also possible that the rheostat in the headlight switch is dirty or going bad. I believe that part can be bought separately, and attaches to the back of the headlight switch - but that is from memory and may not be completely correct.

ralph3162

I went to Walmart and purchased the 6" LED strips that run on 12v and stuck them in strategic places on the back side of instrument panel. 2 strips per set I wired two sets together they are self adhesive wired them into a switch they work great. I have dual alternators so I have a 12v system you may have to figure that part out but its worth it to be able to see instuments at night.

nyvram

OK one more thing I noticed on the way home.. The instrument lights and headlights would "throb" brighter and dimmer.. It got worse the closer I got to home. Is this a symptom of a failing alternator or battery or possibly bad wiring?

CUCVLOVER

On the wipers I would unhook thr noise suppressors. They are the round things about the size of a vieane sausage on the wires right before the pluges go in the wiper motor. You just unplug the wiper motor then unplug the noise suppressor harness. It's like a small extension cord. Then just plug the main harness into the wiper motor.
My wipers had issues like that and when a new motor didn't help I unplugged the suppressors and it helped alot.
I will try to get you some pics in the am.

llong66

I lined the inside of the housing, the white part with silver tape, not duct tape but metalic silver tape, made a BIG diff!