• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't upload goat pics .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We host them here on our site. Too many idiots move them or close their pic box account and all our pics would go away.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This site doesn't use an offsite host; we ask that users post their pictures here.

And I will tell you why:

If you go to any and every internet forum on this earth, any thread that's more than 90 days old is utterly and totally useless because the site has no control over where the posters are hosting their images. The users are using imgur, flikr, photobucket, surfacezero, etc., etc. And since everyone wants free hosting, they hit their limit and they don't want to pay for the service, so they................ start deleting images without thinking (or, more likely, caring) that when they delete the images from the host site, the images disappear from the threads they were in.

The only way for internet forums to hold information longer than say 90 days is to force the users to upload their image to the site. This creates a lot of issues for us, hosting wise, but it's the only way to keep the forum archive functional.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When I first saw the title, I thought it had the GIMP in it and what he was doing to the goat, as we all know, the GIMP is a VERY strange person and WM is right behind him in strangeness..

m38inmaine

:grin:

Connie says it's easy to load goat pictures.
1 Scroll down and click manage attachments
2 A window will open, click add files
3 Another window will open click browse, this will allow you to select pictures stored on your computer.
4 Select the picture you want to add and click open, now that picture file will be next to the tab upload, click upload, once it's done it will show up as the picture in the box at the bottom. When you have all the pictures you want click done. When you click submit reply they will be in your post. If you still can't figure it out find a teenager and they will show you how, works for me.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually there might have been a folder permission issue for your account. Give it a try now.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, there are an increasing number of posts here that just have links to the photos, and as mentioned above, already threads that are not very old with dead links.

Personally, if I look at a thread and there are just photo links, I close the post and move on. If you don't care enough about them to load 'em on the site...:shrugs:

Cheers

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good one m38inmaine. Wil Eisner would be proud.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk