• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas cargo cover question.

lonegunman

I have a couple of practically new canvas cargo covers and ends for my deuce. The end covers came with small springs and aluminum screws for attaching something to something else and there are no instructions.

The cargo top seems a bit short on the sides and long and is new but with ropes and not super cord. It is a bear to tighten.

I thought the word "front" was installed on the inside front. If it is put to the inside, then the seams are on the wrong side.

Do the small hooks for strapping up the sides for ventilation go on the inside or outside?

And last of all, does anyone have decent pics of a canvas top installed? No tan/vinyl/three or four color or rubberized anything,,,,,,just plain old canvas.

Thanks for the help.

AceHigh

The word "Front" is on the inside, as are the side fasteners. My ends are just tied up with rope. No super cord anywhere and no matter how hard I tighten the ropes it always looks like it is sagging between each bow.

I can't get pics today as I am leaving while it is dark (right now in fact) and won't be back till dark. It is pretty easy though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are spring strap clamps on the outside of the cover right at the bow corners. There should be straps attached to the bow corners themselves. Once the side is rolled up, the strap is exposed and is routed over the rolled up cover sides and into the buckle on the top of the cover. End curtains sound unfamiliar.

lonegunman

Well I got her handled. It seems someone painted "front" on the outside. I do not have the straps on the bows to roll up the sides if that ever became neccessary. On a sad note, one of the tie downs promptly snapped off in the front of the bed. That will need fixed.

Thanks for all the pics and help.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To make your cover look neater, you could do what we did with our old parts and tool truck in the maintenance section of my Guard unit. We had the top of the bows covered with a sheet of thin fiberglass like what they use on the inside of semi trailers. Of course this is if you plan to leave your cover on all the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks