• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

canvas tops

rzmith13

2 questions :

1. Can a typical m101a2 trailer top be painted? Paint, technique, specs, any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. If not painted then i'm looking to trade straight up my m101a2 camo canvas top for a tan (or solid color) canvas top. Mine is in great shape no tears or repairs , all eyelets intack, all tie downs connected. Looking for same condition swap just interested in a solid color. Interested parties let me know what you have and I can get you out pictures.

Thanx Ron

RealCavDog

I will trade a very nice, new issue, vinyl tan cover for a 3 color woodland camo ! All my goodies are woodland, and I have an awesome tan cover and a so-so solid green ! Prefer vinyl, but a canvas would work if push came to shove ! Not my ideal, but at least a match !

The same would go for an M105A2 cover, have a great solid green, but want a woodland camo cover !

Last edited:

ctmustang

Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm also looking for a 101a2 camo or solid green cover. I'm waiting on finding a cover so I can get on with the painting.
pm me if you have either or know someone who does. Ive tried all other sources including gma.
Thanks,CT

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have painted a lot of canvas tops and covers,I just use the same Rapco paint that I use on the truck.

rzmith13

Seems to me it would crack and flake off, no? I would just love to paint my top the color of my choice if I knew I could get a quality finish that would last. Pardon the not knowing but what is Rapco paint?

RealCavDog

I will have to say that the light transmission through the vinyl tan cover is pretty good, you can actually see pretty good inside, but since I sold both my two tan M101A2 traiers, and both had new covers, I have it folded up outside in my Rambler convertible project car !