• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Capacitor Assembly

Refalgren

Hey there.

Anyone know where to find the following:

5 PAOZZ 11862 15599225 CAPACITOR ASSEMBLY 1

its listed on page 116 of 984 in the CUCV Direct Parts Manual, and its a little twisty wire with a large square orange piece, two smaller square orange pieces wired into it, and a ring on each end to fit over a bolt in the wiring block on the passenger side of the engine compartment firewall. fits in between some wires coming off one of the alternators (?) and the negative cable going to the battery (?)

the one in my CUCV kicked the bucket. and no place i've been to has ever even SEEN one. that includes NAPA, SHUCKS Autoparts, and AUTOZONE.

besides needing one...

What the heck does it do???

:lost:

Refalgren

well looking at the wiring diagram on page 946 of 1024 of the Direct Support manual you have here on the site, it keeps making reference to a "suppressor" in between the positive terminal block and the negative terminal block. thats the spot where i found the broken capacitor assembly.

Its probably a necessary part required to start the truck.

So, does anyone have any spares or know where I can get a few?

It had a tag on it saying G.M. 15599225, and the Direct Parts manual lists it as a Capacitor Assembly

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it didn't have so many 'blocks' I'd say it's a simple capacitor. Could it be that it is a parallel combination of them? How about a picture and also say what ends went where? That would be cool.

Blood_of_Tyrants

It is a capacitor. A capacitor will easily pass ac voltage but block dc voltage. It is typically put between the positive and the ground to reduce the "ripple" in the dc voltage from the rectifiers in the alternator. Look for a capacitor in the 500 micro farad or more range with a votage rating of at least 40 volts. If it is not an electrolytic capacitor, polarity is not a concern.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to do that, then consider also adding a 1uF metalized polyester capacitor in parallel. Best to avoid an electrolytic in the engine compartment if possible, they don't like heat.

aboonski

Capacitors by the windshield wiper motor

I have an M1008A1 CUCV which as, what appears to be a triple capacitor assembly by the wiper motor. I am guessing that these would supress any motor noise that would disrupt radio communications when the windshield wipers were on. I don't think these are the ones referred to in the subject of the original post but I wanted to find out what these do. A picture is provided below.

Attachments

aboonski

RE: Capacitors by the windshield wiper motor

Okay, but what is the purpose of this particular setup? I was looking for page 116 of 984 in the CUCV Direct Parts Manual but don't know where to find this book. I have a lot of books relating to the CUCV but this particular one I do not have. Anybody have a photo of the capacitors referred to at the start of this posting? Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks