• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAPACITY OF THIS FUEL TRUCK

acetomatoco

It is the Truck, Tank, Gasoline M49A2C from the looks of it..277 x 96 x 97" On the M45A2C chassis and has a 1200 gallon capacity 3 compartments of 2, 4, and 600 gllon capy Pto delivery pump... With winch, hardtop and a flat spare tire. Also may have a personnel heater as the secondary air intake has been installed.

TacticalTruck

hey...you guys knocking my fuel truck? :lol: air for the spare is extra. some one buy the thing from me...please.
see more pics in photo section.
Jeff

DukeNukem

Re: RE: CAPACITY OF THIS FUEL TRUCK

TacticalTruck said:
hey...you guys knocking my fuel truck? :lol: air for the spare is extra. some one buy the thing from me...please.
see more pics in photo section.
Jeff
PM me on the price Jeff. I will give you my como #.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is that the tanker from the Richmond, Va. GSA auction site? I think I remember bidding on it.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can these trucks draft? I E can the pump suck fuel from a underground tank? Or is the pump for delevery only?

TacticalTruck

It pumps both ways...it'll load itself. The truck is a M49A2C which has the stainless steel tank as Bjorn mentioned with two 600 gallon compartments. The M49A2s, not the Charlie model, had mild steel three compartment tanks. They can be identified by the wheel well cut outs over the rear axles similar to a M34. This truck was Air Force and from Richmond, as discussed here before. It's a 1983 with 22,000 miles and all the bells and whistles of that vintage: turbo, factory heat (small intake below the side cowl), shock seat, air shift, hard top, winch...good runner.
Jeff