• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Captured nuts on the firewall.

I took a peek at the TM "GTA-9-1-1851-8.pdf " and it shows a voltage regulator mounted to the firewall on a set of captured nuts between the center and where the wiring harness comes through the firewall on the left side. According to what I know, my 72 KJ M35A2 has a generator with the regulator mouted on the butt-end the generator. Does this imply that my deuce had a different style generator with the firewall-mounted regulator at some point in it's history?
:driver:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Deuces used to have the 25amp generator, with it's separate voltage regulator on the firewall.

At some point, it was updated to the modern 60A internally regulated alternator.

I don't see the cannon connectors on the firewall, so it's hard to say if your truck had the generator.

The regulator connectors were screwed into each other when the regulator was removed for the upgrade.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those weld nuts are a carryover from the 50's and 60's when all the trucks had the 25 amp generator with the firewall mounted regulator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks