• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

car alarm install ignition disable wire

Mike_Kendall

Hello, As I am dropping thousands on my M1009 I am also preparing to install an array of HAM radio equipment in it that can be quick disconnected along with the tool box. This morning I go outside to find a beer can on the street next to the drivers door. Last time that happened with my Bronco my tool box had been stolen.
I am looking into doing my own alarm install. The nice ones are supposed to be the Viper brand. They all seem to have an ignition disable capability. Where is the wire to tap into for this and what is the color code? I should be able to figure out the rest of it.
Advanced thanks to all the CUCV gurus out there. I did look in the threads for some answers before posting but have not found a good answer to the what wire/color/location to tap into.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike_Kendall

Hello, Forgot to mention that it doesn't appear to have a horn in it. Where is the horn supposed to be (I'm 99.999 percent sure it is missing) and what are the wires to it? Does the M1009 come with one and is it 12 or 24V. I'm assuming 12v, the viper alarms sometimes connect to the horn and I really need one anyways. Thanks, Mike

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a horn behind the grill on the drivers side. It is 12 volts and kinda whimpy. Check the TM for the wire colors.

HeadWizard

We used to be a Viper Alarm dealer, probably installed 20k of them. I have a BUNCH left in stock if you need one. They are not that hard to install. I can get you wiring diagrams as needed.

yetti96

Hmm, what kind of stuff is available? I recently put a small crack on the screen of my remote for the 5901 I installed on my F-150 a year ago. Time for the wife to get autostart and an alarm.