• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC color paint help

my86m1009

I have a m1009 full camo that was painted recently by owner before me with Sherwin Williams C.A.R.C. It is now peeling in a few spots and was wondering if anyone knows a paint that is a close color that I can touch it up with, I don't want to use the Sherwin Williams paint.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Behr house paint or Gillespie Rattle cans from RAPCO

I have seen it many times where the CARC will peel if the surface was not cleaned or not cleaned properly. I am working on a M818 that has a fresh tan CARC paint job and it is peeling off in BIG chunks.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Color is usually spot on. It will be glossy at first but will dull after awhile.

CPAPPY

Make sure My86m1009 that your not going to change your mine later and want to paint over it again with Sherwin William Carc. paint because it will lift right off.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks got a case of each color for the carc substitute on order from Rapco... Been looking for this for about a month now.
I think I would be contacting them to see if they received the order and if they have shipped it

I have a black. I ordered the green and brown. I can't wait to see how it matches.
When you first spray the color put it somewhere out of the way just in case the color is off.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have covered this hundreds of times.

http://www.rapcoparts.com/padenew.html

If your truck is a stock color, you want the current CARC colors
34094 - "383" Green CARC Substitute
30051 - "383" Brown CARC Substitute
and most people have the best luck with Krylon High Heat Black

The Tan color is

33446 - "686" Tan CARC Substitute

Their website assumes you already know what color and sheen you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks