• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC faded after wash

Olpa77

I washed up my M925 yesterday and the paint extremely faded. I have the original military CARC paint on the truck. Now my black is grey, brown is tan, and green is sage. In the past I have always pressure washed it with water. This time I used a degreasing soap. Big mistake. When its wet it returns to it normal color. When it dries and goes back to the ugly color. Any ideas to get this crud off and get it back to its original color shy of repainting it?

Jeepsinker

Yes sir! Just keep in mind that it isn't a permanent fix. A good rain will streak it, and if no rain it will still evaporate over a period of time, but that's all you can do short of a repaint.

Olpa77

It just stinks. It looked fairly new until I hit it with that soap. I should of read the instructions first "spray on an inconspicuous area first!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks