• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC Paint souce

jpinst

I am looking for some CARC flat green paint in Southern California. In the past I used Milspray CARC substitute, but they are way too unreliable and take too long for a simple order.

I heard before that one could buy CARC at Sherwin-Williams stores. Is that a special order? Do they sell it at any store? Has anybody boiught from there or anywhere else?

OH and BTW, Milspray won't sell CARC at all.

Thanks in advace

RAYZER

hi J, the 2 different carc paints that you can buy from sw are carc type 2 ( waterborn urathane) and carc type 1 ( single stage urathane(no hardner). only some of the sw stores cary these paints, (chemical coatings stores). i found a store in Tampa Fl. that will sell me the type 1 carc and ship it to a store in my area ($75.00 per gal.)

ida34

hi J, the 2 different carc paints that you can buy from sw are carc type 2 ( waterborn urathane) and carc type 1 ( single stage urathane(no hardner). only some of the sw stores cary these paints, (chemical coatings stores). i found a store in Tampa Fl. that will sell me the type 1 carc and ship it to a store in my area ($75.00 per gal.)
There are actual more than a few types. The currently available ones are VOC borne moisture cure carc. Moisture in the air is the catalyst.

Waterborne comes in two types. Type 1 and type 2. They go on basically the same. Two parts color to one part catalyst and reduced with distilled or de-ionized water.

There was also a two part VOC type paint but I don't think it is currently available.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought CARC at Sherwin-Williams stores.
Go on line look it up find an store that has it
I bought my in Oak Park , MI they have every thing in stock 383 or 686 mil spec.
hope it helps.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carc type 2 waterborn urathane.
Thining out distiled warter.
Works very well You will need Base urathane Primer as under base this is the system.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dude!

Do a bit of searching and you'll find the answers....I bought CARC from the Sherwin
Williams store down in San Diego (just north) no issues and any color you want.