• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carc to Urethane

Ray70

I just went to check out that Speedokote epoxy primer, looks pretty good for the price!
If you decide to reduce it, pay no attention to the Zero VOC reducer statement, you can use Acetone or Urethane reducer
I use acetone when I want a quicker dry and urethane reducer if it's hot out or if I want a super slick finish when using it as my sealer just prior to paint.
The VOC statement is purely there because they claim to be VOC compliant, once you put normal reducer in pretty much any paint it is no longer VOC compliant, that's why most 4:1 Urethane primers don't tell you to add any reducer, because that throws their VOC compliant statement out the window!
However, spraying urethane with no reducer will leave you with a ton of sanding to do just to get past the orange peel finish.

thoner7

I went with something similar. P100 for dust and also rated for organic compounds. Figured it would help if I spray anything but I also do a lot of wood finishing so it’ll be dual use.

now if only I had someone else’s parking lot to do my sanding in lol!!
So I can’t find a place to sand my truck. We just moved so I have no real friends or know anyplace that would work.

truly how dangerous is the dust days and weeks after sanding? My kids rarely play in the front yard, so I could do it there. On a windy day maybe it largely blows away?? Hopefully in grass the dust will stay damp and won’t get kicked up later??

we don’t plan to stay in this house forever but it may be another year or two before we find a place with some land to move to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks