• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Area Cover?

ssdvc

I was wondering if anyone has modified a cargo cover from, say, civi Blazer or Suburban, or a Ford Explorer type vehicle, a to fit in the rear cargo area of a 1009? I live in the Baltimore/DC area and would love to cover the back area to keep prying eyes out of there. Too many people want what is not theirs.

I was thinking that if I scored a black rear cargo cover from one of those vehicles I could perhaps take the fittings for each side that hold the (usually) roll away cover and modify them to fit in the rear of the 1009 to hold the cover in place. A pair of "U" shaped fitting on the tailgate would allow the cover to be extended to hide the items in the bed.

Any thoughts?

monkeythumbs

I had a Honda CRV that had a retractable cargo cover for the package area. Sorta like those old style white window shades. You could look/scavenge a junk yard for one perhaps, but it would probally too narrow and the wrong color. The canvas idea of OL AG '89 I like BTW, or maybe just an old surplus army blanket to throw over packages.