• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Bows

Loose Deuce

Who has some New or like New, wooden cargo bows ? The ones at Saturn are not that good and I need to get 3 for my Deuce. Three of mine were rotten on each end. :?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
John Tennis (jatonka) here on SS.

I believe he has very nice wooden pieces.

alphadeltaromeo

Yes Clint is right on the money. I've seen them and they are excellent quality, made by an Amish craftsman. I'd recommend his 100% John (jatonka) gets them new and you'd be pleased with them.

Andy

papercu

bow

Anybody know how they put the "bow" in the top bows? Are they cut that way from a board, Put in a form wet and then dried or maybe put in a press and steamed? Wayne

Loose Deuce

I was wondering about how thy made them with the bow in it also. Two of the Saturn bows I received were almost straight, could they still be used ? they are really stiff.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: bow

papercu said:
Anybody know how they put the "bow" in the top bows? Are they cut that way from a board, Put in a form wet and then dried or maybe put in a press and steamed? Wayne
I believe they are put in a form wet and then dried. You can do this yourself by getting 1x3 inch oak at Lowe's and soaking them in water for a few days, and bending to shape, and let dry for a week or so.

MikeON

I have a sawmill and plenty of oak, and planned to try making my own cargo bows. Can someone tell me how much bow to put in them?
I already have the sides and corner pieces. It is a dropside.
Thanks,
Mike

ToddInMT

RE: bow

Ferro - PM sent.

I need bows adn covers and such in desert tan for the new money pit. if anybody has what i need, i would be interested. thanks in advance. and im in Montana btw.