• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Box Light

Armada

Heres another feature I added to the M35. Since it's a hassle to find something in the back of the duece when it's dark out, especially with the top on, I added a light. It's an armor light mounted on the headache rack. Wires run down in front of the box and are joined with waterproof military connectors in case the rack needs to come out.
I mounted a switch for it inside of the cab. You can see it in the photo, below the steering column and next to the 3 way light switch. I leave the armor light switch in the cargo box in the 'on' position and just turn it 'on/off' from in the cab. Saves from climbing in the back and going to the front of the box to operate it. And if I'm camping in the back, I can still control it from there too. The white light on it is quite bright, plus they are waterproof and can take a beating.

Attachments

rmgill

I want to wire two of these up in my truck. Adding a switch to their feed is a good idea. I'd like to hang them from the bows so I have a good spread of downlight.

Mike_Pop

On the inside of most Unimog radio boxes, there is a dome light that is enclosed in a metal cage. I'm not sure if they are waterproof but they make for a decent overhead light. They come in white and blue lenses.