• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo cover and seat recovering

CliffW

Does anyone have a good source for new or good used cargo cover? Also can you still get new seat cover to replace the old ones? Or do you just recover it your self and staple the cover to the wood.

Thanks for all the help
Cliff

dc3coyote

Uh, Military restoration
I gather you might know of this seat cover material.
Looks like I will have a Duece in Kansas and I might as well get on the parts.
It is a junker by the looks of it.
Reaally needs seats and a top.
Branan

littlebob

There are a couple of advertisers in MV magazine that offer them.(seat covers). I cant endorse the ones I bought yet, I haven't put them on yet.($120.00)
littlebob

nattieleather

There are several canvas companies that make replacement seat covers, cab tops and cargo covers. Off the top of my head you've got Beachwood Canvas, Weebee Webbing, New Life Resorces. All three have gotten great reviews on different websites. Not sure on pricing between them...shop and compair.

67Beast

I bought replacement seat covers for the passenger seat in my deuce from Saturn Surplus. I think one was $12 and the other was $29. For rear canvas I searched around MV shows but finally bought one on ebay for $250 used but in good shape.

aboonski

RE: Re: RE: Cargo cover and seat recovering

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...Military+complete+canvas+cargo+top&category0=

Cliff, if this link does not work just go into Ebay and link to item #230207729192 - it's the complete kit! I paid well over $500.00 just for my canvas alone and bought all the other stuff which added up to over $1000.00.

Also check out some of my new posts on Youtube under aboonski - did some off-roading with the M35A2C. Alan

CliffW

Re: RE: Re: RE: Cargo cover and seat recovering

aboonski said:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=M35A2+Military+complete+canvas+cargo+top&category0=

Cliff, if this link does not work just go into Ebay and link to item #230207729192 - it's the complete kit! I paid well over $500.00 just for my canvas alone and bought all the other stuff which added up to over $1000.00.

Also check out some of my new posts on Youtube under aboonski - did some off-roading with the M35A2C. Alan
ok I will check out the youtube.
thanks cliff

FreightTrain

Banned

ouch,You can get a brand new,New style setup from GMA for a little over 1200 bucks.That is the Vinyl 1 peice with rubber bungee,Fiberglass uprights,Not sure bow material and drop side style metal corners.

aboonski

And the worst part about it is that yuu still have to pay for shipping! I guess if you had an M35 without any of the cargo cover parts this would be the way to go......

ida34

The canvas cargo covers are getting to be rare beasts. I would expect to pay a premium for a band new in the box canvas.

aboonski

There's nothing quite like the smell of brand new canvas too! I had a new cargo cover in one of my closets for over a year before finally installing it and the whole room smelled just like the cover weeks after it was gone! This is really the very first cover kit that I have ever seen on Ebay and I really wish that I had the funds to buy it! Eventually mine will get old and that's when I will kick myself for not obtaining it while it was available!

CliffW

Re: RE: Re: RE: Cargo cover and seat recovering

aboonski said:
And the worst part about it is that yuu still have to pay for shipping! I guess if you had an M35 without any of the cargo cover parts this would be the way to go......
The deuce I won has all the cargo cover parts just need the cover, canvas or vinyl.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Cargo cover and seat recovering

well,GMA sells just the covers in tan or 3 color(Might make a solid green one custom(heck,All they do is paint the brown and black on a green sheet anyway).Around 500 bucks for new 1 piece with rubber bungee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks