• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cargo cover folding

SuperJoe

is there a preferred or standard way to fold my cargo cover when its not in use? i have tried a few different variables on the folding but cannot seem to get it to any small size without the cover seeming like it will rip apart.
thanks in advance
Joe (with a giant mess of unfolded cargo cover)

rneely

Superjoe, Just do it your way and it will be fine, forget the manual. I fold mine into a small rectangle and just be careful of front window. Hardest part of putting back on is getting over the crossbows.

AMGeneral

I know the manual shows the correct way to fold a CANVAS bed cover(3 pieces) but I wonder if the procedure is different for the vinyl cover(1 piece)?

Somewhere on the site I posted the sequence in picture form for a deuce and 5 ton cover.

DieselBob

I know the manual shows the correct way to fold a CANVAS bed cover(3 pieces) but I wonder if the procedure is different for the vinyl cover(1 piece)?
I gave up trying to fold the 1 piece. Never could make it very neat. I just kind of pile in the corner when I don't have it on the truck.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is a 3pc vinyl, I forgot about one piece ones. Hole does his all the time, maybe he'll jump in here.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Advice from ND especially concerning the vinyl cargo covers, MAKE SURE ITS NOT -10 degrees when trying to fold, it WILL NOT WORK!!!!!
KK

hole

I lay mine top side down and fold the front and rear into the middle, trying to keep the preformed corners from being stressed. Once all 4 corners are "happy" I fold the top from each long side into itself in thirds, the fold from front to back twice. When done it's about 3 to 4 feet square and easier to store . I have found it easier to do on a warm day. HTH's

SuperJoe

thanks fellas. i didnt realize there was different styles or i would have stated earlier that i have the one piece. Hole your way works well thanks for the tips

Gastrap

I lay mine top side down and fold the front and rear into the middle, trying to keep the preformed corners from being stressed. Once all 4 corners are "happy" I fold the top from each long side into itself in thirds, the fold from front to back twice. When done it's about 3 to 4 feet square and easier to store . I have found it easier to do on a warm day. HTH's
Exactly how I do it, works great!

emr

Well there are alot of ways, But i think for me the best way to store a cover is with the least folds possible, i lay it out flat fold over the sides like one would anyway, then roll it up from one end with a piece of plastic pipe as a center, like when a rug is new it has a card board stiffener in the roll, this way it can be carried and not fold over, they stay the nicest the longest this way for sure, done it all ways, folds cause weak spots in vinyl and tears eventually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks