• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Roll up Question

Loose Deuce

Ok guys I need some help learning how to do the rear cargo side roll up procedure. I got invited to my first Parade and I will be hauling some older Vets and I'm afraid its going to be too hot for them to ride in an open truck, its 92 deg. outside now. Also there is a possibility of showers Saturday too, dont want them to get soaked either.

I asked this question on the forum before but there is still another question I want to ask, Do you utilize the front end curtin like normal and how do you keep the cargo top tied down with it being secure enough that it wont fly off going down the road? I just cant get it straight in my mind how the dang thing stays on. Your assistance would be appreciated greatly. :blush: :confused: :shocked: [complaining] :freaked: :blush: :cry: :confused: that the straps and buckles on the top edge is where you secure the sides after you roll it up.

fredrader

I just installed mine and it looks like you roll it up and there are buckles on the top as well as straps on the metal part of the bows..Looks like you just roll it up and buckle it in place..I would suspect it is not a one man job though..You can leave the front in place or roll it up too,It also has two straps attached to it to hold it up when rolled up..Some of my straps on my bows are leather and some are canvas...Oh and some are missing and rotted but are easy to replace..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might I also add that if you can, roll it up towards the inside. If you roll it towards the outside (which is easiest) it will hold rainwater and be messy. I learned this first hand with the GP Medium. On occasion we'll have a new guy wanting to help at our racesite camp area and roll up a section of the tent the wrong way. We're quick to get his help unrolling it after the storm. It's always a laugh.

mangus580

I'm not positve, but I think one of the TM's covers this. It seems that when I went through this almost exaclty a year ago, someone offered that info to me, but I cant remember who. Might have even been Kenny... ;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike, I'm off topic a bit here but when I painted my M35A2 I used Gillespie. thinned it 25% with plain old mineral spirits from Home Depot. Worked real nice for me anyway.

Loose Deuce

Ok I understand about the roll up and buckles, but what is holding the cover down in the front? Is there going to be about 18" or so thats going to be just hanging over the front bow just waiting for the wind to get under it right ?

I seen in a manual somewhere how to put the cover on and take it off, but nothing about the roll up job other than what the buckles and straps were for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks