• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone confirm if the M880 and CUCV cargo covers are the same?
The CUCV I'm getting has everything but the cover and the bows themselves. The tracks and bow mounts are all there!

stuinnh

Can anyone confirm if the M880 and CUCV cargo covers are the same?
The CUCV I'm getting has everything but the cover and the bows themselves. The tracks and bow mounts are all there!

No... they are not the same.The Dodge truck had different rails that fit to their stake pockets locations which were different then the CUCV. I have a 880 top to sell because it didn't fit my 1008. It will fit the the 3/4 ton trailer with adjustments though (too long):-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Stu! Edit. I have the rails already on the truck, is the vinyl itself different too?

Last edited:

emr

I have 3 bows, like 1 maybe inch pipe 2 are the same one is a little smaller, or bigger gee I can not remember, I think these are to an M880 ??? Do the M880 have 3 straight up bows? and the chevy has em different I know that much, even though that aint sayin much...would any one be able to send a pic of such an animal to me?? Thanks, I would hate for these to stay in my shop longer than me...:-D

tjmilitary

I have some M880 covers for sale and guys have put them on there M1008. There is a minor mod that is out there that I have been told work fine. As for it fitting the 3/4 ton trailer, tried that. Even with modifing it dosent fit. The middle is tapered and the zipper will not close.

grizcty

I don't have a clue, if these are the right covers.
But I'm sure someone can cross reference the #'s.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Event:[/SIZE][/FONT] 4494 [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lot Number:[/SIZE][/FONT] 8001 [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lot Description:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]LOT (2) PALLETS VEHICULAR SURPLUS. PALLETS INCLUDED IN WEIGHT AND SALE, PROPERTY LOCATED AT ELMENDORF AFB, ALASKA.[/SIZE][/FONT]

stuinnh

M880 covers

I have some M880 covers for sale and guys have put them on there M1008. There is a minor mod that is out there that I have been told work fine. As for it fitting the 3/4 ton trailer, tried that. Even with modifing it dosent fit. The middle is tapered and the zipper will not close.

How much for nos top for M880?

aboonski

I am adding to this thread because I think there is a possibility that I might have placed and M880 cargo cover on my M1008. The cover is brand new and I have had it in the garage for years and completely forgot about having bought it from and Ebay auction. It was listed and described to be an M1008 CUCV cargo cover but I am beginning to wonder.... I also bought another cargo cover that I know is for an M880 and I still have it all wrapped up in its original binding straps. I took a few photos of the finished job if you could call it that. Looks like I will have to extend the top bows in order to tighten everything up. I am just wondering if another member, with an M1008, has installed an M880 cargo cover on his truck and whether the end product looked like mine. I took the old top that I had on the truck and installed it on my parts truck in the back yard so that I can store some of my spare parts in the bed and get them out of the garage (so that I can try to park my expensive car in there!). The top bows appeared to be identical to the ones in my daily driver but I have to shorten them in order to bring the front and sides down to the quarter turn retainers so I don't know what is going on! I haven't taken measurements of the extension length of the bows but that is next. Anyway, hope to hear from someone who has experienced what I am going through.

Attachments

poppop

Kenny, if I am reading this right you want a cover for a cucv?? If so there was a vendor at the rally selling them and had one there, or I think they were for a cucv. If interested I have his number, he is in Brunswic, bad spelling, Ga.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks