• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carolina1010's official ramblings thread.....

Carolina1010

Hi all,
Just wanted to brag a little bit about my ol" girls mileage and a couple questions....
7,496 miles showing, I believe these to be accurate for a couple different reasons...... the zero to far left on odometer is in perfect alignment with rest of numbers, not offset like is typical when it rolls over
The pedals show virtually no excessive wear like you would expect to see from over 100k miles worth of army boots, swat team boots, and now my boots
The steering and suspension are both nice and tight, like new type, not maintenance type tight
The seats and rubber mat flooring are both in very pristine condition, seat more so then flooring, but the flooring is still very very nice shape
There is no squishyness weird rattles, clunks or vibrations from any of the drivetrain or suspension.

Anyway, do you guys know anything to look at i haven't mentioned that would help determine one way or the other if these are the actual miles?

Carolina1010

Here is a pic of the odometer, and also a pic of the voltmeter, it stays up in the orange but I dont think the batteries are needing that much charging, they seem fine and strong every time I fire her up, is that a normal thing for these gauges or do I need to start testing stuff for issues, I have very little time to tinker with her now, only see her after dark and right before bedtime in a couple more weeks I will be able to have her out in the daylight and start tinkering around

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is that the mileage is correct. I've not seen too many M1010s with high mileage unless it came from the civilian sector. With that said, once you start driving it more frequently and it goes through many heat and cool cycles, some leaks might occur. I suggest searching the site for the "Plan B Mod". Ambulances are notorious for charging problems. It uses a duvac system that just isn't reliable. The plan be mod rectifies all that and gives you a robust charging system.

Skinny

Jam a pair of Leece Neville 555JHO's in there ;)

My ambulance had like 3k miles on it. My M1031 had 6k and the gennie had 3 hours on the Hobbs.

Thank you Uncle Sam for selling this to me for pennies in the dollar!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks