• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carson M101 Recovery

co_rotorhead

Won two M101 A1's at Carson and picked them up today! One at a time was a bummer, but both towed great. What a joy after pulling a 105!!! Trailers are in great shape, new covers, good stakes, no dents or rust and brand new Superlugs on both!!! Nothing like a GOOD surprise. And as an added bonus, they came from my former battalion COANG 2/135 AVN - keeping one and selling the other if anyone is interested.

Dave

Attachments

70deuce

Dave what are you towing them or it with? Was done there Tuesday to pick up truck side racks and a deuce cargo cover that was listed as a M105 trailer cover. Pleasent surprise.

Phill

gocmndo

Carson Trailers

I did the same trip last week but was able to get both trailers on a larger trailer. Would have to say the GL staff at Fort Carson were some of the best I have worked with. Very patient and helpful getting the trailers situated.
Glad to say I got to experience Denver 5:00 p.m. traffic :roll:
Was also fortunate enough to have one trailer with the spare tire mount and a flat spare attached.
Very happy with my purchase!!

Brent13

Those are some beauties! I picked my first M101 about a month ago. Wasn't near that nice, but I was pleasantly surprised to it's condition. The paint on the wood was peeling off, so I sanded, stripped, and re-painted the wood. Still have the bows to refinish. Cover seems to be in good condition. I picked up the trailer during pretty rainy days and no water in the bed, so cover must be decent. My tires were pretty bad, sun rot and pretty warn. I lost a chunk of tire somewhere on I70 coming home from a deer scouting trip. I was doing 75MPH on several occasions, probably a bit too fast on those old tires. I consider myself pretty lucky for not having the tire come completly apart. I now have new tires, so am ready for travel now. Nice score you got there....

Brent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks