• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CASE M35C valve sections

MrSEE

Hey gents,
Did some searching here and in the vast interwebs and didn't find too much on what one might pay for a valve section off our beloved M35C backhoe valve body. Seems all the older CASE parts don't show up on many of the parts sites (or aren't available). I'm doing some experimenting adding hydraulic circuits to both front and rear, but in this case a client is looking to buy one to add to his SEE and I can honestly say I don't know what to charge. Want to get a good bit for my labor and for sacrificing a spare backhoe assembly, but don't want to rip the guy. Going to call case dealer tomorrow and get an idea of what CASE valve body sections generally run, but yeah... any thoughts? Should I go all Conan the Barbarian and take no prisoners?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Case is generally pretty proud of there parts . There are a couple of good size heavy equipment boneyards here in michigan that generally charge 25-50 % for used parts .

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked around for 2-stick versions a while back, and as I recall there were several used regular setups available.
Can't remember what the going prices for those were, however.

MrSEE

Thanks for the responses. Get spoiled finding everything with search engines... Actually had to do some footwork. Not sure if I found M35C sections, but **** used ones can still go for a good chunk of dough. Keep your fluid clean!!

MrSEE

I'm not sure I've seen another model number on the hoe. So it's from a 580C? That helps big! So much for "Mr SEE"... Have had 7 of them and for some reason always thought was from a 580k. Thanks guys

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure I've seen another model number on the hoe. So it's from a 580C? That helps big! So much for "Mr SEE"... Have had 7 of them and for some reason always thought was from a 580k. Thanks guys
Hey, don't take my word for it!
Poked around and arrived at 580C, but that doesn't mean it's correct. Or that all SEEs had 580C hoes.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, don't take my word for it!
Poked around and arrived at 580C, but that doesn't mean it's correct. Or that all SEEs had 580C hoes.
Not real familiar with the SEE but if it has 2 hoist cylinders on th4e sides of the boom it is most likely the same as a 580C .
The 580K is has 1 cylinder for the hoist.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the SEE, there are two on the boom and one on the dipper. If that helps.
After doing a little more looking through some old parts books it looks like the 580D also used the 2 cylinder design and have different part numbers for the 3 stick (4 stick with extend-a-hoe) valves in the backhoe valve body . The 580D's were built at the same time as the early SEE's , so you may want to compare part numbers from the SEE parts TM and the Case parts books .

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that info! When I get a chance to pursue changing the valves again, I'll definitely look into the 580C vs. D setup.
Of course, by then I might've managed to master a 3-stick.

419g

On the SEE, there are two on the boom and one on the dipper. If that helps.
Just got off the phone with a Case rep at the west coast largest part's house for case, Once a item goes dead in the case system they delete all the parts numbers diagrams etc. Not alot of help to people trying to track down and resolve issues with part's etc. I wonder if someone has the old database somewhere on a laptop old parts books etc? Has anyone ever seen a m35c case parts book? Or is anyone familiar enough with the old print part's books to say or not say if the m35c was ever in one?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the phone with a Case rep at the west coast largest part's house for case, Once a item goes dead in the case system they delete all the parts numbers diagrams etc. Not alot of help to people trying to track down and resolve issues with part's etc. I wonder if someone has the old database somewhere on a laptop old parts books etc? Has anyone ever seen a m35c case parts book? Or is anyone familiar enough with the old print part's books to say or not say if the m35c was ever in one?
Here you go Case 580C parts manual free to download

Speedwoble

The M35C is still in the system available to dealers. I refer to it all the time. Also, be aware our backhoe seems to have more in common with the 580E based upon the dates, but a lot of parts are common. The military manuals should be the first reference. They list Case numbers.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M35C is still in the system available to dealers. I refer to it all the time. Also, be aware our backhoe seems to have more in common with the 580E based upon the dates, but a lot of parts are common. The military manuals should be the first reference. They list Case numbers.
My guess is the OP lives in kalifornia (just lists USA in location) and the "largest case parts house on the west coast" is probably also in kalifornia and 580C's violated communist kalifornias clean air laws , so dealers don't sell parts for them . If you have watched the auctions all the old equipment sold in kalifornia has to be removed from the state.

Speedwoble

My guess is the OP lives in kalifornia (just lists USA in location) and the "largest case parts house on the west coast" is probably also in kalifornia and 580C's violated communist kalifornias clean air laws , so dealers don't sell parts for them . If you have watched the auctions all the old equipment sold in kalifornia has to be removed from the state.
Are you always this cheery, or did we catch you on a good day?

419g

Can anyone with a SEE measure their dipper rod in the stowed position? I need the length from the bottom of the weld on the piston rod eye down to the plane of the gland. Thinking I'm just going to approximate the gland height At this point I'm kind of desperate to get this cylinder out of the machine shop and back in. (slightly strained relations at the machine shop and the place where I'm working on the mog).
Here is where the 35C is in the catalog:
View attachment 843648View attachment 843649
I have photos of the prototypes from the 1980's and can confirm that they modified the dipper arm itself to swing tighter(It has paint burnt off so we know it was cut and welded on.) I don't know if they changed anything on the hydraulic cylinder, but it is obviously a different color, so maybe.
View attachment 843658
Cylinder G109186 uses Gland assembly 1543018C1, which consists of 1543019C1 plus seals. Sorry I cannot post images. 1543019C1 fits many CASE models from 1966 to 1993 and has a length of 3.38" (1.4" from the end of the threads to the end of the gland).
I backtracked and the Gland for both the stabilizer G109140 and the Dipper G109186 is 1543019C1 in CASE's catalog, but NPN-242 and NPN-241 in the military catalogs. The NPN are not CASE numbers. That made me wonder... Is the M35C backhoe on the SEE a Military version of the 35C and thus distinct?
Then my friend told me to look closer at the parts drawing for G109186 and I saw "M35C-Bhoe UNIMOG":
View attachment 843655

I looked back in the parts catalog for the 35C and it's cylinder is G106682, not G109186 as for the FLU. They are different!
G106682: 33.87" stroke, 47.5" closed
G109186: 35.12" stroke, 48.83" closed
Both use the 1543018C1 Gland assembly with 1543019C1 Gland!
Great stuff! Thank you! Did it show gland dimensions for the M35C?
Funny that you should mention the 35c when I was on the phone with Case parts per his recommendation I was browsing ebay for a m35c case parts book and ended up purchasing a repro parts catalog "8-2061" ' 35c and 35c wl backhoe for 850c and w14' Got it yesterday in the mail, Looks like a match!
However, the gland for the 35C might not be for the M35C, as mine used to latch and now it does not with that gland?!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks