• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cast and camber

baxter

I hope I am using the proper words but I am getting ready to install new tires and I noticed that the passenger side tire is really worn on the outside edge and I dont want this to happen to my new tires. I saw some theads on alignment but didnt see anything about cast and camber. Is there any info out thier that says how angle to have and how to adjust it. Any help is appreciated.

Vaughn

Keith_J

Caster and camber are set by king pin alignment. There isn't any adjustment that can be made. Only toe.

You could have king pin wear. Major work to repair

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can only really adjust the toe-in, the other "parameters" are fixed by design, but may be effected by sagging leaf springs or loose wheel bearings.
If you spend a lot of time on paved roads, free up the rear bogie, which otherwise will tend to push the truck forward in every turn causing a lot of tire scrub...especially with dual rear tires.

JasonS

Caster can be adjusted by rotating the axle forward or backward. You should be able to do it with tapered shims. Adjusting camber would require cutting and welding the axle housing. I have read about it being done on a rockwell but it looked like a LOT of work....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks