• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Castle and Monstertruck

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today was interesting, as most days are. I started at 0530. Went 40 miles to a doctors follow up at 0800, only to find out that the appointment is on the 17th, not the 7th.:oops:

Drive home and take a back road detour and find a lawn sale. I see some very nice 25', 16 ton lifting straps. The price was right, so I bought them. My luck was improving.

I find the load I was asked to haul(still in my car), just to eye it up and formulate a plan to load and haul it.

I get home, get in my deuce, and fire it up to move it to load the backhoe on flat solid ground. I drive onto the trailer and start chaining the hoe when I feel a scratching inside my sandal. Yeah, I'm wearing those criss cross open shoes that are like sandals(NOT CROCS). I slip my foot out to see what's in there, and a mouse comes running out of my shoe! That's the second time I've battled a mouse after the trucks have sat for a while!

Then I go get the castle and monster truck! Loaded them with forks on the front loader. All went well other than some wasps here and there(I closed my windows). The neighbor kid helped me and was swatting and spraying while he used a cordless drill to disconnect the slides.

I left the backhoe and delivered the goods to the campground down the road from my house.

I got a ride home and jumped in to the M819, to unload the trailer.

Here are a few pics of the haul and lift.

After that, I went back for the hoe(never forget your hoe).

Not a bad day after all.2cents

Attachments

Last edited:

GamaGoatGirl

So we ended up getting the monster truck for our nephews for their birthday present and went and picked up the monster truck (literally) with the crane truck and carried it home(about 1/2 mile) with the monster truck hanging from the crane. You should have seen the looks! When we got home, we put it on a trailer behind a deuce to transport it to my brother's house. Here are some pictures of the transfer to the trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks