• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cat C12 Manual MTVR Specifications - 182 pages

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cat factory manual covering detailed specs of C12 engines (fit MTVR) Some applicability to C10s, tho dont know if they are ever used for .mil stuff. Successor engine to the 3196, and thereby 3176 as well (3196 was upgraded to be C12, 3176 into C10.... C12/10 share a lot of heritage, hence 3196/3176 do too).

Note - this file is 182 pages, theres a similar one with 286 pages, BUT the information isn't identical - and the 286 isn't simply an expanded 182. They both have useful information in them, i've used both concurrently.

This and the 286 page file (coming next), is where i learned the C12 oil pump puts out 49 gpm @ 52psi at 3000 pump rpm (its geared so its not spinning the same rpm as the crank.... not sure what the ratio is, but doubt cat spec'd the oil pump spinning at a crank speed above 2100 rpm). Also learned why the oil pressure seems to flat line above 40 psi (theres an oil bypass that opens above 40 psi, bleeds excess back to oilpan. The genius part is that theres a feed line that comes from the other side of the block - after feeding crank, rods, etc - to sense / adjust the pressure so as to not be bleeding oil back to the pan while a crank bearing a long way down the delivery system is getting starved for oil (which could happen if you limited pressure based on just what is being seen in the oil fiiter base alone)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks