• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAT ET3 cable plug doesn't fit

GreyEnvy

I bought an aftermarket CAT ET3 to help me troubleshoot my HEUI pump, but the plug doesn't fit my A1-early socket.

My truck has two smaller pins at 1 and 4 o'clock, but the adapter has large plugs in those locations.

Ideas? Are the military plugs just different? Is my aftermarket just junk?

I could:
1. Buy a better cable that fits (will it? Which one?)
2. Try to file down the plugs to fit (if even possible)
3. Pull the pins out of the socket and manually place them in the plug (janky and doesn't solve the problem for the future)
4. Set my truck on fire (fun but expensive) 20221105_165604-01.jpg

MrMikey4026

I bought an aftermarket CAT ET3 to help me troubleshoot my HEUI pump, but the plug doesn't fit my A1-early socket.

My truck has two smaller pins at 1 and 4 o'clock, but the adapter has large plugs in those locations.

Ideas? Are the military plugs just different? Is my aftermarket just junk?

I could:
1. Buy a better cable that fits (will it? Which one?)
2. Try to file down the plugs to fit (if even possible)
3. Pull the pins out of the socket and manually place them in the plug (janky and doesn't solve the problem for the future)
4. Set my truck on fire (fun but expensive) View attachment 883766
I converted my truck to the 9 pin J1939 socket.
I think I purchased it on Amazon about 3 years ago..

87cr250r

Cat HEUI? Replace the injector harness and then troubleshoot. Last I bought one it was $90 for the harness. You can visually inspect the pins on the injectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks