• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caution Lights rotating but bulbs not going on.

TacticalDoc

I mounted 2 caution lights on my truck and it rotates but doesn't light up. I picked thes light up from a SS member a few months ago and finally installed them. I actually picked up 4. 2 for my pick up truck. The ones on the pick up were installed shortly after I got it and work fine. The 2 on my M923 rotate but not light up. I thought it might be the ground since I just attached it to the polse but I since rewired it to go to the battery. I have tried it on 12v first then 24v. I guess it could be the bulbs on both but it seems like the other pair I had worked well and for both of them not to be working would lead me to think its the way I set it up.

I'm thinking of buying 2 new bulbs and trying them but I don't know how to get them out.

Anyone know how to bet the bulbs out or what size bulbs they are?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From your picture, it is impossible to say what bulbs they use.

We would need a picture of the bulb to tell for sure.

If you remove the yellow lens, and look at the bulb, it should be pretty easy to tell how to remove it.

Then you need to use an ohm meter and test the bulb.

At that point, you should be able to positively identify the bulb(to replace it).

eagle4g63

Hey doc are those the lights I sold you? If so I will gladly send you replacements bulbs for free, I have extra's. I can also take some pics of how to remove them.

TacticalDoc

From your picture, it is impossible to say what bulbs they use.

We would need a picture of the bulb to tell for sure.

If you remove the yellow lens, and look at the bulb, it should be pretty easy to tell how to remove it.

Then you need to use an ohm meter and test the bulb.

At that point, you should be able to positively identify the bulb(to replace it).
I tried to pull them out but can't and don't want to break the insert part. I'll try to get a picture of the bulb today.
I looked at the filament and it doesn't look like they are burnt out. The bulb looks new.

Last edited:

TacticalDoc

Hey doc are those the lights I sold you? If so I will gladly send you replacements bulbs for free, I have extra's. I can also take some pics of how to remove them.
I can't remember. I picked up 4 of them and I paid 20 each if I remember correctly. The other 2 worked great on my pick up. So, I assumed I did something wrong. I could pay you for the bulbs if you have some extra.

eagle4g63

Ok so, around the base of the bulb you will see a chrome clip(pencil is pointing at it) it will slide off.....pull up on the bulb and it is attached to the wire(blade connecter)....unplug it....that simple.

You want to make sure that the metal part(again, pencil pointing) that the bulb sits in is clean, it is how it grounds the bulb out....you can lift the whole reflector off, with the bulb removed, if you like so you can get at the metal easier. IF you do I have noticed that a very small bit of oil or light grease around the metal stem helps the reflector spin nice....Just use a VERY light grease if you go that route(I use lubriplate....I happen to have it for garage door operators)

You can test the bulb by clamping the ground wire on the metal disk part and put the possitive on the wire connector....THEY ARE 12 VOLT.....just so you know. IF in the future you need to replace the bulbs they are H1 style bulbs, can be found cheap. Those happen to be 55 watt, they make them brighter if you really want to send some light!!!

Again, if the bulbs are bad, let me know I will gladly send you new ones....I want anyone who bought lights from me to be happy with them as I did sell them as working lights....

Attachments

TacticalDoc

OK got the bulbs out. The filaments are broken. I'll pick up new bulbs. Not sure who will have them but I'll check the hardware store and Home Depot.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did you supply the light?

If you wired them to 24 volts, you most likely blew them the moment you turned them on.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
12 or 24 volt?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks