• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB Installation - M1009

cmroles

I've been through quite a bit of the posts regarding CB installation, and just want to find a few more ideas for mounting locations.

My intent is to use the radio-plate on the dash as a mount for an external speaker and the "hook" to hang the mic on.

I've read that some people choose an under-dash mount. Does anyone have any pics of exactly where / how they mounted their radio? Ideally, I want it to be out of the way, but still reachable from the driver's seat. I saw one suggestion to mount underneath the ashtray...does this still allow the ashtray to be opened or is it blocked?

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you,

AllenEM

I'll be putting one in mine and I like them up high (away from water) so I plan on putting mine above the rear view mirror and I'm still thinking about the antenna were to mount it.

cmroles

here is a picture of the one I made for mine last oh9

the small areas by the cord reel is where my radios and light controls and siren were mounted the long narrow area was for maps and notebooks and storage in the big covered area.
That's a nice looking setup, but fabricating out of diamond-plate is a little beyond my metalworking skills! :shock:

nattieleather

That's a nice looking setup, but fabricating out of diamond-plate is a little beyond my metalworking skills! :shock:
How are you with wood? As long as you provide a ground wire for the radio hooked to the body a nice wood console will look good. Use MDF and you can even paint it OD green and people will think it's metal... :)

If you're looking for mounting ideas the dash has plenty of room to mount a radio, so does the roof. Also if it's a M1009 you have the space between the seats for a consol like said or even the metal post that are used in squad cars. When I had a M1009 I went to the junk yard and pulled a consol out of a civilian K-5 blazer and mounted it. then I mounted the radio to the face of it. Gave me two cup holders, a storage box and a place to mount my 2 meter radio.

Here is a website with some good information on radio mounts. Radio Mounts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks