• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cb radio install need some ideas

pvtjorge

Thanks, I have general ticket.
I still have 2m kenwood HT. I programmed it to monitor some local freq. but never got any action. I need to get a swr and pwr meter to check it's output. But it ought to receive like it is.

midcounty

It may not be real noticeable, the only way to really see how well "tuned" the antenna is is to use an SWR ( standing wave ratio) meter on it at the frequency ( channel) Your using... You want anything from 1.1 to 1 up to 1.5 to 1,,,otherwise the antenna isnt converting all the radio power, and it is just feeding the power back down to the radio electronics..
I checked it when I put the system together, and I think it was 1.3 or 1.4 pn the SWR. I was hoping the 6" spring would get it down around 1.1.

deuceaid

Banned
I checked it when I put the system together, and I think it was 1.3 or 1.4 pn the SWR. I was hoping the 6" spring would get it down around 1.1.
anything under 1.5 is fine. I have only seen 1.0 to 1 (not 1.1 to 1) once, and my Ham friend thought his meter was broken , but it just happened to be a perfectly matched antenna.