• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCA batteries

sully429

I am new to military vehicles and looked thru the TMs and could not find anything.
the military batteries that came with the vehicle are bad, so I replaced them with another battery from a old vehicle that I had.
my question is though, it keeps on needing to be jump started. I looked and the batterys are 750 CCA. will these batteries work for the long term. or should they be replace with a higher rating?
thanks in advance

TCUCV

Are you leaving all the electrical components on when you cut the truck off over night? There is a switch left of the steering wheel... I have made that mistake before ending up in your position

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever add a kill switch? You never updated us on that thread.

muddobber40

How old are the batteries? What brand as well? CCA doesnt mean much when the batteries are old or have had a hard life. However, I put group 31 batteries with a 960 CCA rating in all the trucks I sell.

Last edited:

sully429

Are you leaving all the electrical components on when you cut the truck off over night? There is a switch left of the steering wheel... I have made that mistake before ending up in your position
are you talking about the toggle black out lights? or did I miss something else.