• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW 3-53T and AUTO.

raeme

Paul when you have to cross reference most parts and fully replace everything down to the wheel cylinder cups and all, I MEAN ALL SEALS AND BEARINGS for the whole truck it soon adds up. You yanks can lay your hands on nearly all nos parts, we can't.
raeme

paulfarber

Ros Prince in AU is right next door.

There is little in the way of CCKW parts in the US. Junk trucks, sure, but you are not going to find much in the way of rebuild parts. I have to get parts from Mr. Prince and Mr. Ward in the UK. And the exchange rate is significantly worse going form USD to AUD.

If you know of a place that has NOS rebuild parts (gears, brake, engine) let me know. The 'big 2' in the US are Vehicles of Victory (few parts, mostly take off) and Army Cars USA (some sheetmetal, but mostly complete trucks that are overpriced). Frank VonR. is in Canada, but shipping is almost the same as from Mr. Ward in the UK.

Your rebuild prices are not going to change my mind. I have been working 4+ years simply getting the proper parts TO rebuild. Give me $30k and I will build a factory correct CCKW to spec and have it shipped to you.

Unless we are talking $60,000 Zimbabwae dollars? Even if NZD is what you meant $60kNZD = $50K USD.

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

Getting back on topic, have you driven your truck yet? I would love to see a video of it running and driving.

paulfarber

I just saved the man a ton of money giving him a local contact for parts. On some level thats on topic (or he's looking at yet another $60k to finish!?!?!).

raeme

Paul ,Ross Prince is a good bloke, but he lives in the boonies and charges like a wounded bull.
He knows you need the parts. Also I don't buy crated any thing, I fully build every thing or rebuild, I can see you do not know to much about Detroit motors or allison transmissions.
Ross charges $59 for a u-joint. Spicer charge $24. Read between the lines.
raeme.

Gunfreak25

I think I speak for a great many members here when I say please cease with the negative comments Paul, it gets boring thread after thread.

Have you driven your truck yet, Raeme?

paulfarber

If what your pics show is the result of $60,000NZD the PLEASE tell me who you are dealing with in the USA so I can avoid them.

Last edited:

paulfarber

I think I speak for a great many members here when I say please cease with the negative comments Paul, it gets boring thread after thread.

Have you driven your truck yet, Raeme?
No, you don't.

Sorry if I know more that you.... but this man is getting r*ped and if telling him that there are other sources for parts is 'negative' then you have no idea of the meaning of the word.

And please don't post your personal attacks anymore.. its against the rules.

raeme

Yes it drives like a dream because I replaced everything or rebuilt. I know rex and his missus very well, he served in the
brit army as a mech. Bye the way paul I have 2x 270gmc motors here complete, one runs really well and is plated
rebuilt in the 80s. Over here all I was offered for both was $500 for both. Guess what they are worth more in scrap.
raemefat lady sings

paulfarber

I bought two of the last Bendix Series II hydrovac kits from Mr. Ward. Paid a pretty penny (shilling?) for them... so I know that parts are hard to find and expensive.

I don't know him personally but have spoke to him on the phone.

Even though we build 560,000+ CCKWs the sad truth is that the parts and trucks are all overseas. I know of at least 5 major sources that have tons (literally) of parts... in France, the Netherlands, the UK, Australia etc etc nothing in the USA.

I don't mean to beat you up.. but I wasn't sure if you knew of the same places for parts that I do.

raeme

Its okay Paul, now you can see why it was so expensive there are alot of tightasses with these parts over here, and by
the way I was also talking about the inside conversion to a camper.
raeme.:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks