• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW on Mythbusters

mo-mudder

Anyone see the most recent Mythbusters? It was the whirlpool/snowplow one. The had a CCKW cnowplow that they were trying to get up to 70 mph in hope that the wind bubble in front of the plow would push a car off the road. Long story short, they had a bunch of problems even getting the heavy old horse up to 60 by towing, then ended up just taking a heavy duty forklift, picked it up, and let it fall on its top from 12 feet in the air. I'm pretty new to the MV world, but I my stomach did sink a little when they did that, much less all the other crap they did to this old truck. I usually love the show, but this one made me shake my head a little. Kinda like on the old Monster Garage show when Jesse would go out and buy a pretty-well restored classic, then go about trashing it to make it into a salad bar or something.

DMgunn

They frequently take out their frustration on the poor subjects after their experiments fail. I cringed when they torched the driveshafts, but wasn't aware that it got much, much worse. I don't watch it anymore. Seems to me they are running out of myths to bust and are inventing new ones to justify their existence.

mo-mudder

I especially liked it when they said 'yea, we've been working on this for 3 days, then you guys (the 'snowplow experts', probably just a couple MV collectors) come out and get it fixed in 45 minutes. In cases like this, it's just a matter of people being too smart for their own good.

hippiedude

A few weeks ago they trashed a mint 1967 fury III.. :cry: Tried to make it flip by droping the drive shaft .. they fsiled 5or6 times but put the 3rd drive shaft though the trunk... :x

ida34

My son cringed when they did the myth of the Samurai sword cutting trough a hot machine gun barrel in WWII. The trashed a couple of 1919 barrels and some Thompson barrels. When they could not get the sword to do the job they heated them up in a charcoal pit until they were red hot and they still held up pretty well to the sword. It the machine gun barrel had been that hot it would have been a run away fire situation.