• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cckw steering knuckle felt seal

dads6x6

I have a 1944 split type axle,I'm deep in the front axle restoring a neglected front end. Need to replace the steering knuckle felt seals. Anyone know where it the U.S. I can find them?

saddamsnightmare

I have a 1944 split type axle,I'm deep in the front axle restoring a neglected front end. Need to replace the steering knuckle felt seals. Anyone know where it the U.S. I can find them?
Try "Chicago Rawhide" if they are still in business. Just about any Bearings Incorporated should be able to help you out (if they're still in business)!
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

CMPPhil

Hi
To help people understand what you're looking for can you post a photo? There are some CCKW parts sources, but I'm on the wrong computer to find them now.

My CMPs have a similar but different size, I went over to leather belting on my trucks some 40 years ago, which has worked very well. Only replaced when axles disassembled for some other reason.

Cheers Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks