• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDL? (in New Hampshire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunsnh

New to this forum and its a actually my first time posting... so far I have been absorbing the incredible wealth of information on here so please bear with me if this is not in the correct spot. I am hoping to be grab a M54A2 shortly thats out of NY and driving it back to its new home in NH. I just wanted to get some advice before making the trek. I have heard NY can be sticklers with large trucks and wanted to make sure I was ok bob tailing this rig back under a class d or operators license. Also are these trucks exempt from the typical laws requiring at least a class b to bob tail a tractor trailer due to them being generally used for recreation or "not for hire"? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

sd39u

Welcome to the site.

You need to do some more research, and check your local DMV laws. It's better to put in a little homework early, than stuck on the side of the road with the Highway Patrol later.

In KS, I do not need a CDL to drive my M923A1 due to a military vehicle exemption clause in KS State law. I also have it registered at 25,999lbs which means I can never haul more than about a 3500-4000 lbs...ever. This way I don't need a CDL. All of this has been backed up/approved with my insurance agent as well.

I'd suggest doing so more home work. Maybe somebody on here may have some State specific advice

71DeuceAK

I wonder if the "under-registering" thing works in other states? It seems like a good way around some of the CDL laws that can be ridiculous for the average person.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if the "under-registering" thing works in other states? It seems like a good way around some of the CDL laws that can be ridiculous for the average person.
You can buy a weighted tag for whatever weight you want. More lbs equals more $. Just don't get caught with more weight than your tag is good for.

As for CDL, that is a state by state thing.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site!

Unfortunately, CDL discussions are discouraged here since the discussions degrade quickly into confusion and pissing contests. CDL requirements are so state-dependent and have so many exemptions and conditions that what most folks post will be incorrect for your state. I recommend you send PMs to local members found on the Member Map and ask what they have found. Then verify their experiences by contacting the state DMV/OMVs yourself when you know what questions to ask.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site!

Unfortunately, CDL discussions are discouraged here since the discussions degrade quickly into confusion and pissing contests. CDL requirements are so state-dependent and have so many exemptions and conditions that what most folks post will be incorrect for your state. I recommend you send PMs to local members found on the Member Map and ask what they have found. Then verify their experiences by contacting the state DMV/OMVs yourself when you know what questions to ask.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.