• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR Rubber Hoses

I need both of the little rubber elbow hoses that connect the CDR tubes to the manifold. The ones that are at a ridiculous 45° angle.

Chevy discontinued it (Chevy part# 14050445). And NAPA or Carquest doesn't have anything that will work.
Anyone have any idea where I can get them?
Or another sharp-angled hose that will work.
Or any homemade fixes?

It's part #7 in the picture.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...6937-cdr-valve-rubber-connector-cdr-valve.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't google it. :cookoo:

One more question. Is the CUCV CDR set up different than the civilian one?
In all the pictures on that link it looks like there is only one elbow. And it just looks like it's a 90° angle.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I want to order them without seeing them. I'm not spending $36 +shipping on some 90° hose.

I had seen some silicone elbows online, but all the websites I saw were vague and didn't list many sizes or angles.

I wish I knew someone who could custom bend small tubing...make the CDR tubes more normal so I can use any elbow hoses I want. Or maybe I could use some steel flex tubing? I forsee a trip to the hardware store tomorrow. :wink:

Does anyone know what kind of pressure/vacuum those CDR tubes have to tolerate? It can't be too much, considering they're just held together with rubber connectors/elbows.

Last edited:

BIG_RED

It's just a tiny bit of vacuum on the engine side of the valve, and the intake vacuum (no throttle plate on a diesel so the only restriction is the air filter, not much vacuum) on the other side. I would go to junkyard and grab some 1" ish (don't remember the exact size) preformed coolant hoses off newer cars that have ridiculous routing to their heater cores, and cut out the 90* bends and use those with hose clamps.

It's just a tiny bit of vacuum on the engine side of the valve, and the intake vacuum (no throttle plate on a diesel so the only restriction is the air filter, not much vacuum) on the other side. I would go to junkyard and grab some 1" ish (don't remember the exact size) preformed coolant hoses off newer cars that have ridiculous routing to their heater cores, and cut out the 90* bends and use those with hose clamps.
I'd do that, but they aren't 90° bends. They are very narrow. V-shaped, like a 45° angle. If they weren't so narrow, getting some hoses from napa would be a lot easier.

But I'm thinking with the flex tubing I can just replace all the metal tubing and then get some 90° rubber elbows to connect it to the manifold.

combatmech

I looked at all the IPB figures the website had listed....it looks to be the same as what we have, they do seem a bit spendy for "sight unseen".
Or...Improvise, overcome, adapt!![thumbzup] Hope you get it fixed

I am just about at wits end. I got some rubber hose and connectors, and got it to wrap around to the driver side instead of the steel tube...but the hose is too big and the air-cleaner wont fit. :x aua

Anyone know what any other options are?

Can I just use one of the two tubes connecting to the intake manifold? Are there other tubes/hoses/parts available that will fit?

That's all fine and dandy, but they don't actually carry that part anymore.

After emailing them back and forth for a week, they don't have it because the part was discontinued my GM. So I'm in the same situation I was last week.

Well, anyone else who has this problem is totally screwed. They don't make the hoses anymore, no one has them.

So I guess this fix will just have to involve me either modifying the metal tubes or getting a single-plane intake manifold from a HMMWV, and running one CDR hose to the intake.
I'm just gonna heat up and bend the tube or just start hacking apart the stock steel tubes and weld them back together to try and get them to work.

I am very surprised that there isn't more info about this problem on SS. I'd have to imagine most CUCv's have rotted out rubber CDR hoses.

^^Not to be a spelling/grammar Nazi, but I'm not entirely sure what you just said.

I just cleaned the rubber elbows, and electrical taped them until I can figure out something more permanent and reliable.

combatmech

That is a problem.... Sorry for the bad gouge brother.
I checked mine a few weeks ago when I changed the CDR valve. They are old, but not looking horrible....yet.

Nah it's cool. [thumbzup]
I'm thinking ultimately I'd like to get a single-plane intake manifold and just use one hose between the CDR and the manifold. Plus I've heard the single plane manifolds flow a little better. And last I looked on ebay there were almost a dozen Humvee surplus intakes for $40-75

stampy

What problems did you have associated with the cdr failure anyway? My truck has been become progressively harder to start and hard restart when hot too.I have systematically replaced the old filter with a spin on (I had no problems then and it ran great for years after) new filter two days ago, new in tank filter. Once it gets running it has power enough to move the truck but it seems there is more power with 85% throttle than 100% Weird.I figure It's the CDR, the fuel pump or the lines at this point. I really hope it's not the IP

southdave

Mine where I just used what I had on hand or the 6.5 CDR is alittle more accomandating for adhaoc crap, than the 83 cdr valve
Sorry here is a translation,
Check out a 6.5 CDR valve, it is configure ,so there is no rubber 90's, in the set up. see attached link
Sorry about previous post, I was on 18hr shift with 5 hrs of sleep..
http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/product_56_Crankcase_Depression_Regulator_Valve.html#anchor_pimage
http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/product_100_CDR_Valve_Connector_Hose.html

Last edited:

SgtSnorkel

Use some plasti dip . (I got it from Home dopey) its a rubber coating that you can dip things into (tool handles etc.) Seals real nice I have used it many times just be sure everything is real clean use brake parts cleaner . Also I have used Crazy glue to glue rubber parts back together before dipping .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks