• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR Valve air oil seperator

JAsher45

i have been thinkin for awhile about something a seen a few months back in diesel power magazine. in the article they were installing a crank case ventalation filter for a 7.3 power stroke. the kit is basicly an air/oil seperator that keeps crankcase oil from getting back into the intake. the kit comes from BD diesel. i was thinkin that something like this would work great on a 6.2 or 6.5 and would greatly help the CDR valve. i just hate that lil puff of some at start up.... i could build something that does the same thing and keep the oil from getting to the intake... let me know what you guys think

wkbrdngsnw

Not knowing how fast the air was moving or how hot it was I took a wild guess that apparently was more little low. I made an expansion chamber that wasn't anywhere near large enough to cause the oil to condense. I think I got 3 drops of oil and the intake is still coated. A filter is probably a much better Idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks