• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up questions

AJMBLAZER

So I'm waking Big Ugly up from it's slumber. Batteries are checked, new air filter (with the foam precleaner too!), oil change stuff is waiting for it to get fired up, and now I'm making a shopping list for my local NAPA. I get the military discount there so I usually use them.

Anyways, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what NAPA calls or lists the CDR valve as. I've found it on Rock Auto's site and their part looks like my CDR valve...but NAPA's equivalent doesn't.

http://partimages2.genpt.com/partimages/95245.jpg
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...&PartNumber=229143&Description=Diverter+Valve

Is this the correct part?
If not does anyone know the NAPA part number?

Also, does this thing have a PCV or does the CDR valve do that? I see NAPA lists a PCV grommet and a PCV t-fitting...but no actual PCV itself.

maritimer

RE: CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up question

IIRC the CDR vlave is listed as the PCV valve at NAPA for the 6.2l i will be in town to-morrow getting the same thing for the green meanie so i will check it out and get you a part number

Crash_AF

Under the picture is a little drop down menu that changes which picture is displayed, the 'full' image looks to be the same as the Rock Auto one.

Later,
Joe

CCATLETT1984

The CDR on a diesel functions as the PCV valve. I know that murrays does list the correct part, worst case i can get the part# for you and cross it to a napa #.

AJMBLAZER

Well, the guy at NAPA seemed to think it was the one I linked to above. Looks different than the stock one but I figure it's either the wrong picture or just a different shape. Appears to have the correct fittings and mounting points and such. They had to order it from out of state so we'll see on Friday or so.

Crash_AF

Re: RE: CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up ques

1stgear said:
Did this NAPA part# end up being correct?
AJMBLAZER said:
They had to order it from out of state so we'll see on Friday or so.
We won't know until tomorrow or next week depending on if NAPA gets his order in a timely manner or not.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: RE: CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up

maritimer, you out there?

Calling tomorrow to see if they have my stuff. Need to figure out which gp relay I want.

maritimer

sorry ajm i got side tracked with a custody issue with my ex. i havent made it into town for a few days. again sorry./
i will be in to see the NAPA gals first thing in the am and will post up the info then.

AJMBLAZER

Ah...NAPA gals...sigh...anyways...

Cool, I might have one at about the same time. We can compare part numbers tonight.

1stgear

I picked up the above part at my local NAPA this morning and it looks way wrong. The main vacuum line is too small.

AJMBLAZER

Hrmmm...probably should drive Big Ugly then tomorrow...it should be here tomorrow.

1stgear

I took the part back to NAPA and they gave me a full refund. I had the them look up the part and they said it was for a gas burner?? I ordered one from the local GM dealership - $70!! DANG!

AJMBLAZER

Okay, as 1stgear said it's totally the wrong part. A valve of some sort but definitely not the CDR valve. Make sure you open the box martimer!

Does anyone know the GM part number or any other part numbers for them? My NAPA guy says if I can get him another part number he can try and find it even if he has to call the NAPA tech guys.

Crash_AF

The TM lists it as part# 25042462. I cross referenced that in my 1985 GM Truck parts manual and it is the correct GM part number.

Later,
Joe