• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up questions

Crash_AF

RE: Re: RE: CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up

According to my GM manual, 250442248 is a CDR valve for an 85-6 C/K 1,2,3 6.2 and 25042462 is a CDR valve for an 85 GP2,3 6.2

So according to my manual, the first is for the trucks and the second is for the vans... interesting. I wonder what the difference is?

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

Good question. I'll check into what it lists for a 86 vintage van...

ACDELCO Part # CV891C More Info {#25095184}
VALVE,C/CASE DEPR REG PRIOR TO 1-1-88

Crash_AF

And that number crosses in my book to an 86 GP2, 3 (454W).... I'm guessing the 454 is a typo.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

Well, think I'll just give him all of these and see what turns up I guess. Confusing for sure...

...unless GM threw a curveball at us and put another application's CDR valve on the CUCV's for some reason...?

Crash_AF

Just as an FYI, I checked the HMMWV TM and it lists the same GM part number as the CUCV, (25042462)

I'm guessing it's a military thing for some reason.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

Ah, good deduction. I'll give them that part number then.

I bet the others would work though...probably just hose directions and such between the different models.

Crash_AF

That's my thought... I edited my post on the FAQ thread with the GM number. I'll change it again to add the correct NAPA number (if there is one) when it is posted.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

Re: RE: Re: RE: CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune

Crash_AF said:
Just as an FYI, I checked the HMMWV TM and it lists the same GM part number as the CUCV, (25042462)

I'm guessing it's a military thing for some reason.

Later,
Joe
Okay, NAPA can't cross reference that part but he did say if we had a NSN he could try and look that up. Crash, does your list have the NSN's?

Crash_AF

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: CDR valve from NAPA questions and other

The CUCV -20P TM lists the NSN for 25042462 as 2990-01-147-9284 and so does the HMMWV TM.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

Okay...did some calling around today on my lunch hour.

NAPA has nothing on the AC Delco HMMWV/CUCV part number, 86 K30 part number, or the NSN's.
Neither does Advanced, AutoZone, CarQuest, or two local chains. Both GM dealers can get the civilian K30's part number but list the CUCV/HMMWV part number as obsolete.
However I'm not paying $71 for one of these things when Rock Auto lists the civilian one for less than $40.

So who's actually bought one of these somewhere other than a dealership?

Michael

CUCVs have different emission requirements than civi trucks. They got an exemption or a rating as heavy trucks or something like that. You might try the biggest civi application that you can find that had the 6.2 in it like a step van or such. Several of the trucks I have bought have had this part removed, implying that it might be hard to find even in the military supply system.

AJMBLAZER

They have a pretty much standard 6.2L J code engine. Prior to a few years ago 3/4 ton and up trucks were emissions exempt and since the military wanted commonality (and is part of the government) the M1009 K5 Blazers got the J code engine as well instead of the C code emissions model. So far it just looks like they used the same CDR valve on the CUCV's as on the HMMWV's for parts commonality.

I think the unavailability of this part just reflects the low market for them. They're supposed to be replaced regularly but, like most PCV valves, rarely are and by the time they have caused a problem the vehicle is on it's 3rd or 4th owner.

250442248 is the GM part number listed for a '86 Chevy K30 pickup which would have the same J code 6.2L. The AC Delco part number for that part is CV870.

AJMBLAZER

Nope. Thinking the correct HMMWV/CUCV one only exists in remote government warehouses anymore.

However since I believe CCATLETT1984 and I think a few others have said they have bought new ones (although they all seem to be AWOL right now) I think you can use one of the civilian model CDR valves. Just trying to find a source other than Rock Auto and the local stealership. I'll probably just order mine from RA on the next paycheck but I'm mainly doing this to find a good source for these and confirm that we CAN in fact use the civilian CDR valves.

1stgear

I installed mine that I got from the stealership yesterday. Worked like a charm. No more burnt-oil smell. When I pulled the old one off it was clogged with the blackest oil I have ever seen. The engine runs much smoother now. This is the best fix I've made to the truck so far.