• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center Consol

Lagers4myhead

Here are some pictures of my center console project for my M-1009. I still need to mount it but it feels comfortable with it just sitting in there. The height seems about perfect but it does crowd the 4wd shifter a little, enough to make it a little awkward to shift it but not unusable. I used the pictured hardware, foam and some vinyl. The cup holder is a console twin spillmaster that is made by a company called Hopkins with model number SMT and the best part is, IT'S MADE IN THE USA. [thumbzup] The cup holder seems a little flimsy but it hold my 32oz Nalgene just fine. This will make my drive to Alaska a little more comfortable (along with some ear plugs :)).

Attachments

looks sick, i just have the stock k5 console in mine
I also went with the stock K5 console and really am pleased with it. The only thing I like better is the tuffy console, but dont want to spend the cash. Im putting two lock boxes under the seats soon so that will at least give me the ability to lock stuff up.

The ammo can looks real good though, well done!

Lagers4myhead

It is a little bigger than a 40mm, it said something about non-electric explosive assemblies, not really sure what was in it except that I can't buy them at Wal-mart. I was at a gun show and it was sitting next to some 40mm ammo cans and I just thought it looked about the right size.

Lagers4myhead

The writing on it says, Non-electric detonator assemblies. I tried searching for those cans on the internet with no luck other than getting on a watch list. If I come across any I will let you know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks