• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center console installation

StoneyHill

I installed my new center console today. It took about 2 hours. Probably would have taken less, but I removed the seat and it was miserably hot.

The console was built by DXTAC (Derek). I am very pleased with it. Derek may be willing to make more, but I cannot speak for him. The only thing I am looking to add is a rubber pad to go in the bottom of the console.

I really like the locking loops that he made. The cup holders and pad are great as well.

I mounted the front edge of the can on the small flat spot in the transfer case hump. The rear of the can is supported by two short sections of galvinized pipe.

The front bolts were 5/16 X 3/4. The rear bolts were 5/16X4. The front one on the passenger side was a little difficult to get to underneath b/c it was over the transfer case. Overall, a really easy project.

Thanks again to Derek for a great console.

Scott Burns

Attachments

OL AG '89

Gotta love the center console. I put one in mine last week, but haven't done the cup holders or pad. I'm roughin it for now.
I'll get around to it next big mod push.

I really like the lock ring as well, didn't think of that but since I don't lock the truck.... protected by my dog and weapons...

Last edited: