• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center console sketchup

kcobean

I am planning to build a center console for my HMMWV and figured I'd take a shot modeling it up in sketchup. Anybody ever play with Sketchup before to mock up something like this? Here's what I came up with...very basic design, but it's a start and not necessarily to scale.

console1-skp.jpgconsole1-skp2.jpg

If anybody wants the .skp file to play with, I'm happy to provide it.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm thinking of mounting a 24-to-12v converter on the inside of this. Curious what people are using to get down to 5V for something like a USB charger or cigarette lighter adapter (that will take a USB cig. lighter adapter.)

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As to the overall design, looks like a slot for a single phone. Wondering about drink holder, misc. stuff you might want out in the open, way to hold a phone while displaying a map, etc. I like the side doors.

kcobean

As to the overall design, looks like a slot for a single phone. Wondering about drink holder, misc. stuff you might want out in the open, way to hold a phone while displaying a map, etc. I like the side doors.
Thanks for the feedback. The "holes" near the front are for drinks. No idea how big i'd make the slot there in the front, but was thinking that would be for misc stuff and I'd find something I could hard attach to top surface to hold my phone (like the windshield suction-cup mounts, but a base I could screw in). Something like this, but without the clip on attachment point:

cell-phone-goose-neck.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks