• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center link, tie rod ends, drag link, pitman interchange between 998 and 1123

Superhondaz50

Hi all, was wondering the comparability of the parts in the title, M998 vs M1123. My 1123 is missing everything. The A2 stuff seems really expensive but I see earlier M998 stuff for dirt cheap. Can I get the 998 stuff and just slap it on? Thanks

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What makes this frustrating in my mind as I had been in the parts business 20 years is that Moog makes the stuff but it is proprietary to AMG.

I can't recall this type of arrangement from Moog anytime in the past to for chassis/suspension parts.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What makes this frustrating in my mind as I had been in the parts business 20 years is that Moog makes the stuff but it is proprietary to AMG.

I can't recall this type of arrangement from Moog anytime in the past to for chassis/suspension parts.
Most likely AGM had to agree to purchase X number of components to get them custom made to AMGs specs, really cannot blame them for trying to protect their interests, I would.
Moog likely believed there would not be enough aftermarket sales not to require a minimum commitment from AMG unlike anything mass produced and sold to the public.

Reactions: OBX

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did: there is no UOC for the tie rod ends, at least.
According to TM9-2320-280-24P, Fig. 170, both parts (RH =2530-01-189-2195; LH = 2530-01-197-2160) are the same for all variants.
Yes, if there is no UOC applied then it is the same for all variants covered by that TM. tie rod ends are one example.

Superhondaz50

I did: there is no UOC for the tie rod ends, at least.
According to TM9-2320-280-24P, Fig. 170, both parts (RH =2530-01-189-2195; LH = 2530-01-197-2160) are the same for all variants.
This is good to know. I found the center link tied up in the engine bay with some leftover wires from the trans harness. So I need tie rod ends and tie rod shafts. Does anyone have the tie rod shafts part number off hand?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is good to know. I found the center link tied up in the engine bay with some leftover wires from the trans harness. So I need tie rod ends and tie rod shafts. Does anyone have the tie rod shafts part number off hand?
Usually if you need both the ends and the shafts, it's easier to buy them as an assembly.

Part numbers can be found on here for assemblies and individual parts (but not all are available right now)

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have an old M998, can you go forwards? Will the updated parts bolt up?
You can update the steering to A2 components, IIRC you will need the idler arm, steering gear arm, tie rod center sections (tie rod ends are the same) and the drag link.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The center drag link is thinner than the A2 version, so if you use the A2 idler and pitman arm you have to add a spacer (just a thick washer really) to the castle nuts to make up the extra length of the threads.

Not sure the differences in the tie rods

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks