• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central Florida Events Mailing List

Crapgame

I'm still stuck in Colorado until after New Years due to back surgery on Tues. Please put me in the list, I'll be in Ft Walton Beach/Navarre/Crestview area. Animal Muthah won't be ready until Memorial Day week 2018, I hope.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Circumstances beyond my control have entered my life. I do not want to go into detail as the situations are deeply personal. It is with a heavy and hurting heart that I must make difficult decisions, and something must go.

I have decided to dissolve my Central Florida Events Mailing List. I will no longer blast out PM’s to nearly 90 Steel Soldiers members. I will still manage a few events per year, but I will do so using different methods and strategies. I will continue to create threads in the Upcoming Events page. ALL SS members are ALWAYS welcome to join in. Please contact me via PM or on the threads I create if you’d like to participate.

My next event is the Sanford Memorial Day Parade, which takes place on May 28 at 10 AM. After that we will be in the Orlando Veterans Parade on November 10 at 11 AM. Stay tuned to the Upcoming Events page.

Thank you all for participating in my past events. I encourage you to continue joining in the fun!

suzukovich

Circumstances beyond my control have entered my life. I do not want to go into detail as the situations are deeply personal. It is with a heavy and hurting heart that I must make difficult decisions, and something must go.

I have decided to dissolve my Central Florida Events Mailing List. I will no longer blast out PM’s to nearly 90 Steel Soldiers members. I will still manage a few events per year, but I will do so using different methods and strategies. I will continue to create threads in the Upcoming Events page. ALL SS members are ALWAYS welcome to join in. Please contact me via PM or on the threads I create if you’d like to participate.

My next event is the Sanford Memorial Day Parade, which takes place on May 28 at 10 AM. After that we will be in the Orlando Veterans Parade on November 10 at 11 AM. Stay tuned to the Upcoming Events page.

Thank you all for participating in my past events. I encourage you to continue joining in the fun!
Anyway I can take over the list have access to it. I am real sorry to read about your decision. You have been a great help to me and influence in events that I have been the POC. Our boundaries have change and now include Polk county. I would be like to be able to continue straddle the fence as I was a Steel Soldier long before I joined The MVPA and FFC.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
suzukovich - I appreciate your willingness to carry the torch forward. I prefer to completely dissolve this list and the methods I've used to manage it. I built it, I used it, and I want to lay it to rest. Please allow me the ability to do so.

Please take a step back first and think about how to use SS as a conduit for coordinating your events. SS is an amazing resource, and our fellow brethren are great people to hang out with online and in person. There must be other ways of rallying the troops for west coast FL events. I no longer posses the resources to figure out the solutions to those problems, and for the time being I don't have the resources to implement them. Feel free to stay in contact with the west coast FL SS members by developing your own list/procedures/policies/whatever.

I've learned that having one massive list is too much to manage, especially if it is not broken down by geographical area. For example I'd like to join you in some of the events you create but Tampa is too far for me to go. I'm sure many feel the same way about my events. I had a couple guys on my list that are from Gainesville. It's a long drive from there to downtown Orlando, or even Sanford. I never once saw them at anything.

I'm not going too far, jbayer. I have to finish my wife's M422 Mighty Mite. She really wants it home. I have to get my M1009 back on the road. I started a thread about it in the CUCV Hot Rodding section.

Last edited:

suzukovich

suzukovich - I appreciate your willingness to carry the torch forward. I prefer to completely dissolve this list and the methods I've used to manage it. I built it, I used it, and I want to lay it to rest. Please allow me the ability to do so.

Please take a step back first and think about how to use SS as a conduit for coordinating your events. SS is an amazing resource, and our fellow brethren are great people to hang out with online and in person. There must be other ways of encouraging participation in west coast FL events. I've faced the same situations in Central FL for the past 14 years. I no longer posses the resources to figure out the solutions to those problems, and for the time being I don't have the resources to implement them. Feel free to stay in contact with the west coast FL SS members by developing your own list/procedures/policies/whatever.

I've learned that having one massive list is too much to manage, especially if it is not broken down by geographical area. For example I'd like to join you in some of the events you create but Tampa is too far for me to go. I'm sure many feel the same way about my events. I had a couple guys on my list that are from Gainesville. It's a long drive from there to downtown Orlando, or even Sanford. I never once saw them at anything.

I'm not going too far, jbayer. I have to finish my wife's M422 Mighty Mite. She really wants it home. I have to get my M1009 back on the road. I started a thread about it in the CUCV Hot Rodding section.
He'll I went to the West Region of the FFC on your suggestion
Been working contacts and now lined up for events at the Veterans Memorial Park and Museum in Tampa. FFC is holding an event at the Fun and Sun Air Show in Lakeland and getting ready to post it SS and the SS Face Book page. Made another contact today that will give access to Parades. It's not easy but feel that there are stuff going on and still owners who are not on the radar screen. I will do a reply all on one of the messages and try to create a new list by region. Maybe some of the others will step up to the plate like me following your example and just make things happen. I really hope things get better and when your ready we have improved on things that will make it easier for you.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've coordinated events in Central FL for the past 14 years, many of those years I was with the FFC. It's been a struggle since the beginning, but I've learned a lot along the way. I've brought people together en mass to honor our vehicles, our Veterans, and our Country. In many ways it's been a privilege.

I'll still pull a couple events together each year. I've been a one man band for a long time. I'm spent. It's hard for me to realize I can no longer continue to put forth the same amount of effort as I did 14 years ago, but it's the truth.

Thanks for helping out.

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your efforts were appreciated Mark. You will be missed, hopefully we all can still keep up with you and each other. I for one will be at the Sanford parade this year and the 4th one as well if it is still in the works. Hope things settle down a bit for you, and may your projects be finished in a timely matter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks