• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central Florida Military flea market and show April 19-20 2014

Dodge man

Was at the Deland flea market today and talked to one of the vendors of military items there and he said that he'd be there and that there's usually a LOT of vendors of military items at Reingers show.

But chance of rain is 40% :-/

Bought like new BC-604 Transmitter and a BC-683 receiver today. (WW II tank radio?) Also got a couple of circa 1943 Jeep radio manuals and a pile of OLD military radio parts. AND a 1944 "Army Baker" TM!

Dodge man

Yeah I hit three places today and got some good stuff and the list doesn't include all the non-mil items that I got. But my azz is dragging tonight!

One of the items that I left off of the list was a metal box of 100 radio crystals. It's marked "Navy Type 10527 box containing Type 40163 (CR7/U) Crystal Units for Model MAR Equipment". I just figured out that it's for this radio http://www.virhistory.com/navy/manuals/mar/mar_1944-01.pdf

FL_Frank

Anyone know if we can come/leave at any time, or do we need to be there before opening and hang until close?

Assuming flexible times, will give me time to clean up the deuce a little and give it the usual preflight checks before driving it. =)

Thanks,
Frank

Last edited:

RAYZER

Special thanks to Lindsay Orr for organizing this meet,
a good time was had by all! I counted 13 military vehicle's, in attendance, one of them being tracked!
I sincerely enjoyed hanging out with you guys and hope to do it again real soon!uploadfromtaptalk1397947073962.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397947114420.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397947161586.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397947238808.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397947381136.jpg

Dodge man

I posted this on another thread but here's my take on today's show:

You missed a good show. In addition to the usual suspects, several new members of Steel Soldiers came out and a total of twelve vehicles turned up and there were a LOT of old veterans out there that came over to look and tell their stories. The military collectibles show wasn't huge but the prices were cheap and I found several things that I had been looking for. (Grimes A/C signal lamp, survival manual, 1943 Water can, a couple of TMs, VN era (1967) Ames folding shovel and case with bayonet hanger on the case, and an unusual vehicle document pouch.) I talked to the owner of Reingers and his wife after the show and they were VERY happy with the turnout and the response from the public!* Also got an invitation from a local TV station to be interviewed on a show about veterans events and affairs. They also want to come out and video some of our up coming events. All in all, I thought it was a GOOD show!

* Also there was quite a lot of wooded land back behind the flea market area so we had several good trail rides and the owner has invited us to use the area again.

Sorry, no pictures. I think everyone was too busy and I don't think anyone took any! (edit: I see that a couple of people did take pictures and posted them in this thread.)

Another military collectibles show scheduled there for Oct 15. IIRC so mark your calendar!

Last edited:

Vandrel

I spotted someone's truck in Sanford this week over by the intersection of Upsala rd and HE Thomas Jr pkwy heading towards the 417 ramp. I was driving my Nismo R32 GT-R and couldn't stop looking a the truck :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks