• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central NY - "All Green Camp-out"

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I 'kind of' have the green light to orgainse a camp-out/BBQ type thing on our farm - Nr Cooperstown NY, (1 hr West of Albany).

This is intended to be a low stress event, a gathering of military vehicles (no public) to come play, camp, get dirty maybe - we have lots of trails on 75 acres - lots of woods/hills.

I am thinking of a weekend in August subject to other events conflicting.

Let me know who may be interested - and what other events may conflict.

Cheers. Howard

For the sake of thread clarity - reply with PM, I will update thread with numbers/date suggestions and questions answered.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PG-Pete yup there is always mud - we have a trail more like a mud-run that goes behind a marshy area - cat tails n all!

Lots of wooded hills with flat fields to camp/set-up in.

Some trails are big enough for my M816 though most were cut for smaller 4x4's... We have an annual Land Rover meet here in Nov but I wanted a summer camp out do and one that is specifically for military vehicles (both of my LR's are ex-mil).

If you want to see some pics/vids of our Nov fun - check out
The Annual Guy Fawkes Rally - Various photos

This will be a self sufficient, camping, back in the woods type thing (not down by the big bonfire and the road) - sitting around, chatting - driving - what ever. I can get a porta John if numbers dictate. If only a few come - can always run back to the house.

Tentative date - Aug 18/19

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PG-Pete yup there is always mud - we have a trail more like a mud-run that goes behind a marshy area - cat tails n all!

Lots of wooded hills with flat fields to camp/set-up in.

Some trails are big enough for my M816 though most were cut for smaller 4x4's... We have an annual Land Rover meet here in Nov but I wanted a summer camp out do and one that is specifically for military vehicles (both of my LR's are ex-mil).

If you want to see some pics/vids of our Nov fun - check out
The Annual Guy Fawkes Rally - Various photos

This will be a self sufficient, camping, back in the woods type thing (not down by the big bonfire and the road) - sitting around, chatting - driving - what ever. I can get a porta John if numbers dictate. If only a few come - can always run back to the house.

Tentative date - Aug 18/19
This is what a slit trench is for behind the trees