• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia, WA Freedom Fest July 4, 2012

REDROCKET

I WOULD go hypothermic if I just wore my Soviet garb. *blank look* My riding gear is pretty sweet and I'll plug in my heaters if I have to. It's all good. Just another step in the adventure.

Amer-team

Mission Accomplished. Thank you to all that turned out to make this a great event. The event folks really like what we add to their event and have us down as a standing invitation.

We had about 15 people and 11 vehicles at the park. Vehicles included and M151, 4 - WW2 jeeps, a Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton, M38A1, M715, M54A2C, a Ural motorcycle with sidecar complete with Female Russian soldier, CUCV Blazer, and 1942 Studebaker 4X6.

For the parade we ended up with 9 vehicles as the M38A1 was redlined for making too much noise, which ended up being a loose crankshaft pulley nut, and the M151 had to go to another event. I rode the parade on the 1942 Huffman Military Standard Bicycle. We ended up 3rd in the historic section which was interesting as we did not go to line up till an hour after their judging period.

Attachments

Amer-team

Sorry forgot to give a note about the jeep picture with the 3 ladies. The driver is Mary Kallenberger. She was a Medic with the 1 Med. Bn 65-67. The lady in the blue suit is Eva Hauck, she was a Rosie the riveter and worked on B-29 parts at the Chehalis WA plant during the war. And the other women is Tracy, our Russian motorcyclist.

I also forgot to put the picture of Larry M's. 42 Studebaker. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

Amer-team

No problem, will get you a few more when I quit goofing off. Am preping for next weekend.

We are doing Vietnam at the base of the tower. You could probably come along as a Russian advisor to the North. :) Have not done this impression in a long time so have to dig out stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks