• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

centrifuge.....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
scooter01922 said:
I'm not sure if they make a centrifuge. They do make a lot of regular oil filters.
What I'm talking about is a canister that was mounted either on the frame or side of the cab on older big-rigs. I think it was made by Lubrifiner. You didn't change a element. You just cleaned them out every so often.

jefe066

Long hours looking for a good setup I've found that fryer 2 fuel has a nice kit (if expensive). Sorry no link, but worth checkin out if you go through some oil. Maybe coop your setup. These babies usually require several runs to get to 1 micron and when you turn it off you need to catch the the last bit or the finish product will be contaminated.

G-Force

This was a pretty funny post. Not trying to be rude or anything but I happen to work for an industrial centrifuge manufacturer. I have had salesmen in my company tell me of small places that were converting used cooking oil into biodiesel were using washing machines to clarify their oil. When they found out the price of our machines they nearly died. Our machines are quite expensive. But the products they make after running through the machines are worth more in the long run.
Most of the small machnies that I checked out on the posted links and the one like avengeusa makes are referred to as chamber bowls. I'm curious avenge as to how fast you spin your bowl?? I have a chart at work where I could calculate the G-Force. Oh yeah, that's how I chose my screen name
The basic rule is the further out from center you go the more g forces you attain for a given rpm. This is why the smaller the diameter of the rotating assembly the faster the rpm you spin it. Also the easier it is to balance. Large rotating assemblies generally spin at between 4 and 5'000 rpm. I'm talking 4 feet in diameter here.
And then you have your disc set which aids in the separation process.......
Also' all of our bowl parts are centrifically cast stainless steel. Cracks and corrosion are a BIG safety issue with our machines. I have never personally seen one fail but I have seen pictures and heard stories. Its not pretty.....it tends to take the room its in apart.....literally.
to have 2000 lbs of stainless steel spinning on a shaft that is about 2 incehes in diameter and being held up by two thrust bearings is quite a feat when it works right.....and can ruin your day when it doesn't

avengeusa

wow, a 2000 pound rotor, that would make for some g's right there, I am making mine larger in small steps, but 4 feet is just huge

I would love a tour to see some really large fuges

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks