• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CFM for an CCCV

Small Prepper

Afternoon

I saw something on u-tube that someone put a precleaner on their m1009. Looked cool! I called Sy-Klone International and they needed to know what the CFM's were. The precleaner need the vacuum to spin the turbine. I looked at the manuals and could not find anything.

That said dose anyone know:

What the CFM's on an 6.2 from idle to full thottle.

Sasquatch

Precleaners are pretty standard on heavy equipment, like my Case 580 Backhoe. One thing to consider is a standard precleaner like on Case or CAT equipment. Like this one:
Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Air Filter Assembly 1217746

Even though the Sy-klone one's sound nice because there is no maintenance, they also give you no indication your filter may be getting plugged. If you mount one with a clear bowl someplace easy to see, then if the bowl is getting quickly full of dust and debris, you can dump it out and might want to check your air filter. And they are a lot cheaper.

Probably not a bad idea if you do a lot of off-road driving in really dusty conditions. Did a quick search, might want to check this site out if looks like they have done them on off road trucks.
Sy-Klone air ejective filter