• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CG 107/U coax cable

BillIdaho

I am needing one of those 68 foot long coax cables, with proper connecters ( I think one end needs an apadter) to connect my RC292 mast antenna to my RT524. Anyone have an extra one laying around? THANKS GUYS.

BillIdaho

No, the CG-1773 is for when the antenna is within 5 feet (in regards to the cable you speak of) from the RT524, (or RT246 for that matter). When using the 50-odd feet tall mast antenna-the RC292, the book calls for the CG-107/U. There is actually also an adapter that goes in between the CG-107/U and the radio, because the connector isn't right on one end. That is known as the UG-255/U.
Ya know, about a couple of hundred dollars ago I said I was done......

CGarbee

I'll ask one of my coworkers about this... He seems to have a very interesting collection of surplus radio gear that he shares from time to time that he collected over the years while recreating his setup from Vietnam (he was a commo weannie... :) ). I'll see if he has a spare long cable.

Remember Maddawg that the enemy triangulates on the antenna, and shoots at it... It's nice to have it on the next hill over. :)

ONTOS66

Also consider switching to an OE-254 head and then you don't have to keep changing the radials when you change frequencies - I always hated that part of the '292. Most of your '292 kit will work with that - once you find that cable.
;)