• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Challenger 2 main battle tank (MBT)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I guess no one else knew either so they needed a test. But in battle a cruise missile will put and end to that. :-(

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have thought a tape measure was all that was needed to see if they would fit.
As much as planning and simulation can predict, there's nothing like actually doing it. Anything from a bump in the tracks, momentum shifts, or a modified sign that wasn't noted can cause an issue.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably testing if they can get them back quick and dirty on the cheap from the mainland once Brexit goes ahead. Or maybe they want to defend the entrance to the canal tunnel on the French side.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Tanks have been sent through the Channel Tunnel in a secret midnight training operation to prepare for war in Europe. ... The Ministry of Defense (MoD) tweeted a picture of a Challenger being strapped down at around midnight on Wednesday."

Can't be too secret if the MoD is tweeting about it. :!:

fireball

moving any military vehicle by rail during peacetime is a challenge. Finding enough blocking and bracing for railroad inspectors is challenging to say the least. If you are going to ship from east coast, do not be surprised to find your prepositioned chains somewhere on the west coast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks